In a country like Lithuania, travel and tourism is one of the main activities. There are a number of famous places in Lithuania, which you must see during your visit to this country. A number of sightseeing spots, friendly locals, natural greenery, and wonderful cuisine. these are the main attractions in Lithuania holidays. Given below are some famous places in Lithuania, read on.
- Vilnius: Vilnius, the capital of the country, is one of the main spots in Lithuania. There are a number of places to see in Vilnius. Some of them are The old town, The Frank Zappa statue, Three Crosses Hill, Lithuanian National Museum, St. Ann's Church, Artillery Bastion of Vilnius Defensive Wall, European Park, Gediminas castle, Archcathedral Peter's and Paul's Church, The Center of Europe, Old Arsenal Building, and Trakai. Apart from these famous attractions, you also can enjoy a number of beautiful natural sites in this city.
- Druskininkai: Druskininkai is one of the most popular cities in Lithuania. This is an old city, which is famous for its conventional health resorts. Some of the health resorts are more than 200 years old. Many tourists, however, come to this place for its amazing climatic condition. Forest Museum 'Girios Aidas', The Town Museum of Druskininkai, Museum 'Gruto Parkas', Memorial Museum of M.K. Ciurlionis, and V. K. Jonynas' Gallery are some of the must watch places to visit in this city.
- Jonava: Jonava is another popular city in Lithuania. This the 9 th biggest city in this country, which offers some amazing sightseeing destinations for the tourists. The old town and Jonava v. apatalas Jokubas church are the two major attractions in this city. If you want to see the nightlife in Lithuania, you must visit Banga nightclub and Jonava culture center. Both of them are famous of vibrant nightlife and traditional concert hall respectively.
- Kaunas: Kaunas is one of the major cities as well as the second largest city in Lithuania. Some of the most beautiful spots in this city include Paaislis monastery, Kaunas castle, Laisves Aleja, Vytautas the Great War Museum, Lithuanian Zoo Park, Devil's museum, Funicular railways, Church of the Resurrection, Tadas Ivanauskas Zoological Museum, and Catacombs. Apart from sightseeing in Kaunas, you also can indulge in shopping.
- Grutas: This park is entirely dedicated to Soviet sculptures. Built in 2001, this park is also called the Museum of Soviet sculptures. Apart from the park, there are a number of territories, which bear the strong Soviet resemblances. There are Soviet style library, a museum of Soviet items, a Soviet style small zoo, a Soviet bar, a Soviet style picture gallery, and a Soviet style playground for the children.
These are some of the most famous places in Lithuania. Apart from these, there are some more such as:
- Plokštinė Nuclear Missile Launch Site
- Kryzių Kalnas