Norway, the country in Northern Europe, attracts thousands of tourists every year. The primary attraction of this country, is its picturesque landscape across the Arctic region. Famous places in Norway are Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim, Tromsø, Stavanger, Kristiansand, and Lillehammer. Apart from that, there is fjord coastline, where you can enjoy the views of lakes, mountains, and woods, while dwelling in the ski resorts. Norway is more famous for its undisputed natural vistas. The popular places in Norway are described below:
- Oslo attractions: The capital city of Norway, Oslo is a major tourist attraction in the country, although a little less popular that Bergen. However, if you want to taste some authentic Norwegian culture in the truest sense, you can go to Edvard Munch Museum and the Viking Ship Museum. In these museums, you can see Norwegian history and culture. Oslo is also famous for its continental climate. If you are looking for adventure sports, you should come to Oslo during winters.
- Bergen attractions: Bergen is the most famous tourist spot in Norway. There are a number of places to see in Bergen such as Fjord County, inner harbor, Old Town and many more. You can visit the local museums in the town. The Old Town is more famous for is rich history. For more scenic beauty, you have to visit fjords. You can enjoy the beautiful sights by availing a cruise tour. The Norwegian coastal steamers, Hurtigruten offers a wonderful ride.
- Tromso attractions: Tromso city is located in the beautiful Island of Tromsø. Tromso Island is itself a beautiful and you can find a number of beautiful vistas across the island. One of the most striking features in Tromso holidays is that you can enjoy the midnight sun the best from this city. Heaven for fishing, this place is also famous for northernmost university of the world. For its vibrant and lively atmosphere, it is also fondly called 'Paris of the North'.
- Stavanger attractions: The city of Stavanger is located on the southwestern coasts in Norway. You can witness the authentic Norwegian cultural flavor in this city. Sandy beaches, small islands, and beautiful fjords… these are the main attractions in Stavanger. The beaches are the hub of adventure sports in the city. Fjords are another major attraction in the city. You can undertake short walking trips through the beautiful landscape. In other words, you can see the wonderful blending of old and new in this picturesque city.
- Kristiansand attractions: Kristiansand houses a number of museums and monuments. Vest Agder Fylkes-Museum and Kristiansand Kanonmuseum are the main two museums in the city. You can experience the Norwegian culture while dwelling around these museums. Apart from these, there are some other places, which are worth a visit such as Oddernes Kirke, Kristiansand Dyrepark, Sorlandet Art Museum, Agder naturmuseum og botaniske hage, and Kristiansand Domkirke. Summers are enjoyable there, while you can have heavy snowfall during the winters.
- Lillehammer attractions: Lillehammer is the main city in Oppland county. The town is situated near Lake Mjøsa. It is one of the most famous places in Norway. The summers are the best time to visit the natural beauty, while the winters are brilliant for skiing. You can stay at the wooden houses in the town and enjoy amazing shopping opportunities.
You can find a number of other famous places in Norway while wandering around various corners in the country. Wish you a happy journey across the beautiful Norwegian valleys.